Monday, April 20, 2015

More Close Reading


There is so much I want to say about close reading, but to not be too wordy I tried to stick to the basics of what I wanted to say in my first post

I'm the type of person who needs to see it to fully get what it's about so... Here is an example on Teachers Pay Teachers of my weekly homework. I uploaded it so you can check it out. Of course it is free too :)

This example is of a 4 day week we had, so Monday was combined into Tuesday and Wednesday. I chose this one because what kid doesn't love Minecraft?!

The article is on how teachers are using Minecraft in schools. It can be found here at Newsela. (You'll need an account to read the whole thing and download a PDF, but it's free!)

There's a teacher guide, a weekly homework sheet, and the weekly quiz. The teacher guide gives you a brief overview of what to focus on each day. The homework sheet I give the first day of the week. Some students write on the blank part, some staple paper. (I stopped putting space in the boxes because the kids were trying to shove all their writing in the box and I couldn't take it LOL.) The quiz is last. Some of the questions come from the newsela quiz and some I've added.

Please let me know what you think, if you have any questions, or have an idea to add! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment